Thursday, August 1, 2013

Success at Delicate Arch

Yesterday was a long day so I didn't post anything.  We started out with a trip to the Needles section of Canyonlands NP.  Here is a shot of Island in the Sky from Needles.
After getting back to Moab, we took a little break to rest up for the climb to Delicate Arch. While waiting for the sunset a ground squirrel made an appearance for the gathered crowd,  I don't know if he's learned this because people feed him, or what, but he was entertaining.

This was my fourth time up there since 2008 and I finally managed to get photos of Delicate Arch at a non-cloudy sunset!
While making the climb up to the arch, I blew out my favorite pair of sneakers :-(

 Today we went into the San Rafael Swell on the way to Goblin Valley State Park.
Hoodoos at Goblin Valley.  These may look familiar if you've seen the movie GalaxyQuest.

After leaving Goblin Valley we went to the Island in the Sky section of Canyonlands.


Tomorrow we will be leaving Moab and heading back east, passing through Rocky Mountain NP.

No comments: