Thursday, July 9, 2015

Bridges and Muley

Today I said goodbye to Arches, but the day was so clear and bright at the beginning, I just had to make a quick visit for a few more photos. This is looking towards Courthouse Towers.


After leaving Moab, I headed to Natural Bridges Nat'l Monument. When I arrived the rain was pouring down, but I figured "what the hell" and drove the loop road.  When I got to the far end of the loop it cleared up enough to get some shots of Kachina Bridge.

Also, if you like cross-bedding, you'll love Natural Bridges - the Cedar Mesa Sandstone is loaded with them.




After driving through more torrential storms, I arrived at Muley Point at the southern tip of Cedar Mesa.  After all that I had heard about this place, it did NOT disappoint!  It's about 1000 feet above the Goosenecks of the San Juan River and the view is spectacular.




In this view you can see the buttes and mesas of Monument Valley in the distance.


No comments: