Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dinosaurs

Interesting drive from Moab to Vernal.  Driving through rural areas there are all these signs that say "Open Range" but I never see Robert Duvall or Kevin Costner (that's a joke, see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316356/).  But as I was driving up Rt 191 towards Duchesne, I did see two cowboys and a dog running a cow and calf across the the highway.  Unfortunately they were moving too fast to get a photo.

I made it to Vernal, and went to the quarry at Dinosaur NM.  Saw the bone bed in the Morrison.
Part of the bone bed

Apatosaurus femur
After leaving the quarry I drove to the other entrance to the park to see the canyon carved by the Yampa River on its way to the confluence with the Green River.
Yampa Canyon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos Bill. I am using some of them as my background image on my iPad. Thanks for sharing your trip through these photos and comments.
ML